Sunday 3 April 2011

Classic Song 21 - Rod Stewart and The Faces "Stay With Me"

Thanks to Linda Lockett, we saw Rod Stewart at the ACC.

Pam had seen him before, but I'd never, so I was doubly excited.

What transpired was an inspired night of music and entertainment,
featuring not only Rod but the inimitable Stevie Nicks, as well.
Both singers have iconic voices that for decades have been 
ingrained in my musical DNA, and both brought their 
A-game to the home of the Leafs, the Raptors, and the 
Rock, but Stewart dominated the evening with a
performance that was truly second-to-none.

Still.... 

When I think of indomitable Rod Stewart tunes or vocal performances, 
my mind drifts back... back... back to the late 60s/early 70s, when he 
was touring, writing, recording, partying and pillaging with the one 
and only Ron Wood, as well as with the rest of The Faces.

Here's a vintage, curiously misspelled video of Rod and The Faces,
attacking and nearly dismantling the timeless "Stay With Me".

As well, I've included a few still-warm pix of Rod's ACC show.

Mozz the Elder

www.vapormusic.com










No comments:

Post a Comment